Saturday, January 14

Faithful

Although this new phrase came into my attention more than a week ago, I've simply been either too swamped or lazy to have written anything about it.

Once again, I was flipping through my Bible, looking at all the things that He had shown me while I had read through it (I finished reading through it for the second time this past year). Finding underlined commandments, promises, challenges and everything else that is found in this amazing book.

Somehow the Old Testament has always held a big fascination to me. Looking at my Bible, there is considerably more gilt rubbed off the pages at the top of the first half than in the latter half.

I think it has something to do with promises. 

They're always there, and in times when I feel as if everything else is going downhill, I know that I can claim them and that everything else is under His control. 

And I reached the famous passage of Jeremiah 29:11, and read all three of the verses I had underlined there: 

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT)

And as much as the first verse has hit me hard in the past, it was the last one that caught my attention. 

Because there are no ands... no buts... no what ifs. 

If I pursue him wholeheartedly, letting go of all distractions, and search for Him in the brokenness, in the joy, in the pain, in the delight, in the everyday and the ordinary.... I will find Him.

The Creator, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Lover, Provider, my All in All, and everything else that He is. 

And that's my pursuit this year. 

To seek Him with nothing held back. 

Knowing that I will find Him in the fullness of all that He is. 

Knowing... that He is faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment