Monday, February 6

In the Little Things

As the plane flight to Colombia approaches, I find many things swirling through my head with nowhere to roost. It seems like I fight through a daily mist of misgivings, hopes, dreams, confusions and information without a resting place.

But He speaks to me even through this numbness.

His sunshine truly does pierce through the gloom.

And He speaks to me in the gifts of a little one, who with smiles and hesitations presents me with his offering.





And what an offering it is.

Through his simple scrawl and hastily folded paper, my heart sees his innocence and rejoices in the gift that He has made this one child to be.

Then, later, when I am writing a return letter... one that will go through the "real mail," He shows me how little gifts brighten everyone's day, and that the little things are most often the things that He shines through.

He doesn't call me to be big, powerful, holding everything together during these hectic upcoming months.

All that He expects me to be is a little light, shining for Him wherever I go.

And as the wherever-I-go part gets put to use in the next few days, He's showing me that it may not be about some amazing revelation that He will impart to me.

It may be something small.

But that would be the best of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment