"I am not often in awe of you. I brand You as mine and do not realize how presumptuous that sounds in the face of the knowledge that at this moment, the only reason that I am breathing is because of You. You're God! You can do anything anywhere that you could want to. But You care about our little planet - You care about the fragile beings that You created. You're extraordinary and good! You're for me and not against me. I have no fear because I know that I will have the victory in the end. Through You, and not of myself. This sunrise is amazing, and You didn't have to make it, but You did. For our mutual pleasures..."
I expect much from Him, and give barely anything. I get and I do not give. But as I was surrounded by this conference lifestyle and when I saw another friend doing devotions, I decided to take the time, not expecting much because of the recent desert phase. But as I sat there and was just thinking, talking, praying... I heard these girls talking. "Did you see that sunrise?" "It's absolutely incredible!" "Come take a look!"
I didn't get up and take a look, but I could see through the furry tips of the evergreen trees, the mutating colours that changed from orange to red to pink to light. And as I saw this progression, I just thought. Our speaker had been talking about how insignificant we really are, and that's something I struggled with (although, doesn't every human being?). I want to be in charge, I want to use God as my play thing because it's way easier than thinking that right now, I am only alive because He wishes me to.
And at that moment, I just sat there and realized it. Understood it, took it in, and just breathed. I realized that as He had lovingly chosen the colours and applied them to the dark canvas of the night, He had known not only the amazing sensation that it would cause to the viewer, but also the message that it would teach me. He is everything. Awesome, amazing, powerful, everywhere, everything, Creator, Sustainer, Provider, and every other word to describe good. It was as if I was just sitting there dumbfounded, not wanting to move from this realization because it degraded me as a sinner and human being, but lifted me up because I knew that He loved me and was on my side.
Then I opened my Bible to Psalms, and took a look at the one where the bookmark was placed. If you have the time, please read this while picturing every description in your mind and just with a praiseful heart. It was Psalm 29:
1 Honor the Lord, you heavenly beings[a];
honor the Lord for his glory and strength.
2 Honor the Lord for the glory of his name.
Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
3 The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea.
The God of glory thunders.
The Lord thunders over the mighty sea.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
5 The voice of the Lord splits the mighty cedars;
the Lord shatters the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon’s mountains skip like a calf;
he makes Mount Hermon[b] leap like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the Lord strikes
with bolts of lightning.
8 The voice of the Lord makes the barren wilderness quake;
the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord twists mighty oaks[c]
and strips the forests bare.
In his Temple everyone shouts, “Glory!”
10 The Lord rules over the floodwaters.
The Lord reigns as king forever.
11 The Lord gives his people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment